This event has been postponed until further notice. Thanks to those of you who’ve contacted me to say you can’t be there becasue you’ll be be away that weekend after Easter, or away because of school holidays. I’ll keep you posted about the new date!
It’s on again in 2013! The first time is on Sunday April 7, in Ballarat, when some adventurous women will spend a day with me in a beautiful, comfortable place with a garden view – to explore who they are and who they can be. They’ll discover ways of letting go of the ‘perfection’ ideas that keep them in outworn thinking-and-doing habits. They’ll come to re-know themselves, and surprise themselves with new discoveries. They’ll leave energised and inspired. You can be one of them. Hope you can join us!
Some of the feedback from women who attended last year’s workshops (more at the end):
“I was drawn here by the notion that I needed to be nurtured; and to invest in my own well-being. I enjoyed meeting new people, and being able to authentically connect with them through Susie’s guidance. I was inspired by her thorough use of diverse stimuli, expertise, and ability to motivate our depth of thought. The event style permitted safety, vulnerability and personal challenges to be shared. Each person was generous in their insights about themselves and each other. Thank you so much Susie – I’ll be back for sure. Leanne C.
“The workshop has been a beautiful experience. Susie facilitated the day in a relaxed and easy manner with everyone opening up and sharing in their own truthful ways. Lots of things have come up for me today that I will explore further. Being aware is the first step. An amazing group of powerful inspiring women! Thanks Susie! I will definitely recommend your retreat to others!” Hilary B.
“I was drawn to the retreat because I wanted to make changes in my life and the day helped me. I could see things more clearly. I enjoyed it all because it was so well organised. Relaxed setting too. I enjoyed sharing with the other attendees and felt inspired because of all the willing participation. Venue, food etc all great. Wouldn’t change the format. And thank you!” Trish L.
“An inspirational day shared with inspirational women. So relaxing and open. Will definitely attend other forthcoming events.” J.F.
“I’m at another turning point in my life and the workshop provided an opportunity to reflect on my life more broadly about changes I need to make. I enjoyed all the threads running through and joined together by Susie, and the open sharing of the other participants was such an enjoyable aspect of the day. The venue, food and materials were excellent.” M.S.
“I really enjoyed today and meeting all these wonderful women. Susie you provided a wonderful venue and environment/atmosphere in which we could discuss, consider and share thoughts and ideas. Afternoon tea was fabulous. Thank you. I will come again!” R.O.
You’ll want to be with us if:
- You want to feed your longing for a more open, curious, meaning-filled life
- You’d like to create an arms-open relationship with the world – an ongoing conversation that prepares you for a beckoning yet unknown future
- You’re ready to to enrich how you experience life by creating practices of attentiveness, allowing, and wonder
- You welcome the sweet wisdom of other women’s perspectives – their voices, their stories, their company – to expand and grow your own
- You know that life’s not endless happiness and that living well means experiencing it all and navigating shadowy places with grace and acceptance
- You recognise that life learning arrives through keeping a door wide open to vulnerability, mystery, and uncertainty
- You’ve tried making changes by yourself and would enjoy support to help you grow
- You’re ready to explore the power of the stories that weave us into existence via our complex inner and outer landscapes, those places where our biography and our biology meet.
If you yearn for a more awake, aware and alive way of being in the world, this day is for you. If you want to know more about how and why conventional ideas about perfection influence and limit you, you’ll find insight. If you want to re-think, re-feel, and re-tell your life, and to reconnect with what matters, you’ll find new ways to make that happen on this day. If you’re ready to begin finding ways to reimagine and remap your inner and outer selves for a satisfyingly imperfect life, you’ll want to be with us.
On our day together:
- we’ll meet our instinctive selves and find out why and how they drive so much of what we do. And we’ll explore aspects of hand-me-down cultural stories that create impossible ideas of perfection that originate in our deep need to belong, to be accepted, to be approved of. A need that’s exploited by seductive media that gets under our radar and can undermine our confidence in ourselves and our decisions
- we’ll journey through ways of creating more receptivity to self-knowledge. Of leaving judgement – of self and others – behind. As we did in last year’s workshops, we’ll use the treasure stored in art, photos, writing, music and poetry as prompts and portals to a deeper knowing
- we’ll create art, writing, and poetry as portals to deeper knowing, and to breaking down unhelpful perfectionism
- And we’ll talk. Exploratory, unafraid conversations. Learning – unexpected wonderful learning – will come from our experiences on that day, from our willingness to share, from our recognition of what really rings true for each of us.
After our day together, you’ll have a better understanding that there is no ultimate right way of doing things, of responding, of being – it changes from moment to moment and from person to person. You’ll know more deeply that life’s a process of joining each new insight to existing insights, and bedding them down in our consciousness and actions by consolidating and integrating them – before we’re ready for the next insight. It’s a lifelong awareness process. You already know there are no easy answers. Maybe even no answers at all. But there are ways of being, of seeing – learnable practices – that can allow us to feel more deeply plugged in to the world’s sustaining beauty, mystery and power. None of what we’ll explore is about fixing what you may consider to be ‘broken’. But it is about breaking your consciousness and heart open to a less available ‘you’ that has always been there, and to a life that’s more about ways of navigating than rules, about timeless ways of being. And about knowing that Imperfect really is The New Perfect. I do hope you can join us.
- my close guidance, support and expertise as a teacher and a creative of long experience, and as a ‘life designer’ whose job it is to notice things about people
- imaginative mind- and heart-opening experiential exercises
- opportunities for reflection throughout the day
- a peaceful, comfortable place
- pencils, paints, brushes
- afternoon tea
- a private FaceBook page to introduce yourselves and for ongoing group support and exploration
- Please bring:
- an open, curious mind and heart
- willingness to immerse yourself in experiential learning
- willingness to be in community with women
- your imperfection
- a packed lunch
- a blank-paged A4 art diary and pens
Imperfect’s The New Perfect – Day Retreat
WHEN: Sunday April 7 from 10.00 am to 4.30 pm
WHERE: Ballarat. Directions will be emailed to you a week before the day, and following payment
IMPORTANT: If you pay before 10 pm on Sunday March 24 there’s a $15 discount
Imperfect’s The New Perfect: $125.00 (($110 earlybird price)
Payment secures your place!
Click here to register!
Limited to 10 participants
You’ll receive a PayPal™ invoice payable by direct debit or credit card – you don’t need a PayPal account to pay this way.
Some more feedback from women who attended last year’s workshops:
“The very invitation of drawing, writing and being among a beautiful garden setting and other lovely women sounded like bliss. And it has been!” Louise B.
“It was a great experience. Lots of new and important information and learning. I would really like to expand this experience and attend more sessions with you Susie. In this fast and digital world we really need to be reminded about our inner selves. Thank you so much for such a heart and mind opening afternoon. It will really help me make changes I wanted to make in my life. I can close my eyes and can still feel the energy of that afternoon. It was great. Thank you so much Susie!” S.K.
“Susie you took so much care in planning and preparation. You created a welcoming, warm and peaceful place for me to explore, learn and discover things I never knew. You opened my eyes and self to my creative self. Thank you.” L.C.
“Grateful reflections. Just want to let you know I feel so enriched from my sojourn to and from your “neck of the woods” and from the nourshing enlightening experience of the afternoon workshop. Something else has deeply and positively shifted in me as a result and I am very glad and grateful for this. I really appreciated the interactive activities provided for tapping into ourselves, and the opportunities given for sharing/connecting on our experiences. Your knowledge, and the flow of the day were exceptional. Thank you for the opportunity to be there and for all your wonderful organising and facilitating. Thanks so much Susie. Fabulous to have been there. Beautiful blessings to you. Love and thanks, “ M.G
“I have had a wonderful day. Being surrounded by such lovely women, and with such a wise and beautiful mentor has been uplifting. I loved everything about it. Just hope I can remember and utilize all your wisdom and wonderful information Susie.” A.C.
“This is my second time doing this with Susie and it was just as good as the first. I love getting together with other women who … connect with you!” G.P.
“Thank you so much for welcoming me on this day. The whole experience was wonderful and I did not want to leave. What opened up immediately on the Sunday after was ‘a moment’ that I will never forget because I did know how to fix a problem. For this was thanks to you Susie, I am sure that this would not have happened if I did not do your workshop. It was so beautiful I wished you were a fly on the wall, and thought of you in that instance. You are amazing Susie and you have made a huge difference in my life, more than you will ever know. You certainly have many gifts. Thank you, thank you again.” J.P.
You can reach me on 0428 724 277 for enquiries and appointments, or click here to email me from the contact page.
You can sign up for my blog at the top right of the page. You’ll get a confirmation email (some systems think it’s spam so check your junk mail) to complete the subscription.
You can also find me here: